Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stargazing



Please view this large, on black

I went out driving last night, trying to escape the light pollution of my neighborhood so I could shoot more stacks of Comet Lulin. My last attempt (here and here).

What I found was basic:
1. You can't escape this much light pollution by driving 30 minutes
2. When you drive 30 minutes away from home, it takes roughly 30 minutes to get back.
3. The sky moves fast. Before ya know it, your front yard view is in your back yard.

There's no comet in this shot, but if you'd like to see how I shot the thing so far, check my blog post.

Shot with Canon 40D and the *very* fast Sigma 30mm f/1.4.

2 comments:

eh1160 said...

Which way did you go?

Blake said...

eh1160 - I just put this on the Flickr map. Click on the photo, then look on the right side for "Taken in Pottstown, Pennsylvania"